Harvest Moon Specifications
Harvest Moon sailing off the coast of Maine
The Harvest Moon is a 1986 42' Vagabond ketch. Specifications are:
LOA: 41' 08" DRAFT: 5'- 06" SAIL AREA: 871 SF.
LWL: 34' 00" BALLAST: 9,200 LBS. WATER CAP. 140 GAL.
BEAM: 12' 10" DISPL: 28,500 LBS. FUEL CAP: 100 GAL.
EQUIPMENT: 61hp. Lehman diesel, new 6 kw Northern Lights diesel generator, (Oct 2005), air/heat, new refrigeration, new microwave, new 11 gallon hot water heater, new faucets, propane stove, new class 1 EPIRB, liferaft, new forespar whisker pole, new cockpit enclosure, all new cushions below, etc.
ELECTRONICS: All new Icom M 602 VHF, all new Ray Marine GPS, Radar, Wind, Speed, Depth, hydrostatic release E-pirb, Inverter, KVH TV satellite receiver, Jensen 10 CD stereo with 6 speakers, etc.
She is a center cockpit ketch with a new full enclosure. This beautiful sailboat has a solid teak interior, with exceptional joinery and is ideal for the weekend or the world. The great aft cabin has a queen-sized berth, 2 hanging lockers with lights and a mirrored dressing area. Two complete heads with showers are conveniently located fore and aft. The galley on port provides a well-ventilated efficient working space with 4 opening portlites and a fan. The roomy main saloon with its teak oval table and functional navigation area provides comfort and convenient living space.
New (8/1/05) All new ultra suede cushions and backrests in main salon, all new berthing cushions
New (2/1/06) Toshiba 23" flat panel TV with DVD
New (6/1/07) KVH TV satellite receiver
· New (05/2005) Refrigeration unit by Frigo Boat, w/ top and and front loading access, and new freezer, (2/1/06).
· Propane stove - 3 Burner with oven
· Hot and cold pressure water
· New (10/2005), 11 gallon hot water heater
· New (6/1/07) Sharp microwave oven· Double stainless steel sinks
· New (10/2005) 23" flat panel TV with built in DVD player
· New (10/2005) Jensen MCDA1 AM/FM 10 disk Stereo system, 200 watt cockpit speakers, 2 new speakers in main salon, 2 new in aft stateroom.
· Full chart table & swing out seat
· New (05/2005) Icom IC-M602 VHF Radio - DSC
· New (05/2005) Ray Marine Radar and suit of instruments:
· New (05/2005) Ray Marine depth, speed and distance log, radar, apparent wind
· Autohelm 7000 autopilot
· New (05/2005) Hailer, automatic fog horn
New (10/2005) Wireless remote control spot light mounted on bow rail
New (6/1/07) Elec. horn on spreaders
· New (10/05) Northern Lights 6KW Diesel Generator.
· New (05/2005) All major wiring has been replaced.
· Newmar 60 Amp automatic battery charger, Balmar 1500 watt inverter
· 4 Way switching for shore/generator/inverter/off selector switch
· New (05/2005) Batteries: (2) 8 D AGM house bank, 1 engine start, new generator and anchor windless batteries, total of 9 batteries, 8 new
· Dockside Electrical Cable
· 12V Cabin fans
· Full 12V DC and 120V AC electrical systems
· New (05/2005) Mast Head lightening disperser
MECHANICAL:<>· Lehman 4D61 61hp diesel engine, with new twin Racor filters, (New 2/1/06), new secondary filter housing and raw water pump, May, 2009
· Hurth transmission >
· New (10/2009) Engine room blower
· Fuel shut off valves for engine and stove
New (10/2005) Fireboy Auto fire extinguising system with both diesel shut down wiring
· Air Conditioning/heat (19000 BTU reverse cycle)
· Pressure water system
· (3) Bilge pumps (2 automatic, 1 manual) All in working order
· New (05/2005) (2) new heads, one electric, with showers, 2 holding tanks, new waste piping throughout, new macerators, new Y-valves and bronze vented loops for both heads. USCG compliant holding tanks
SAILS & RIGGING:
· Equipped for cruising
· Aluminum masts and booms with all
New (05/2005) all SS rigging
· New (05/2005) Pro Furl Roller furling for Genoa
· New (05/2005) Sails: Main, mizzen, #2 Genoa. Staysail new (10/2005).
· New (06/2007) 4 Harken winches
· Fiberglass nonskid deck
· Dual anchor rollers on bow
New (05/2005) Bow rail and P&S Lifelines and gates
· Salt water deck washdown system
· Teak rub rail w/ bronze chafe strip, Teak caprail with 4 coats of Cetol, 4/2008
· New (6/2007) Bimini top, with full cockpit enclosure curtains of strata glass
· Anchors: 45# Bruce; 35# Plow; Fortress with chain and rode
· Lighthouse 1510 electric windlass
· 4 person Avon 4 life raft double floor & E Pack (inspected 10/09)
· Inflatable rigid botton Dinghy w/ 6 HP Yamaha OB Motor
· New (08/2009) Boarding ladder
· New (05/2005) Navigation lights
· Deck lights
· New (10/2005) wireless remote controlled Search light
· New (05/2005) Fenders & dock lines
· New (05/2005) (8), type 1 offshore commercial Life jackets & USCG gear· Insect screens for ports & hatches and cockpit enclosure